vmg2

Make a donation using Virgin Money Giving

Sunday 19 June 2016

1

The day has finally arrived. Started planning on Boxing Day and now here it is. Almost £1,000 raised so far which is amazing and I would like to thank again everyone who shelled out their hard earned cash. You are lovely people and it means a lot. There are 3 reasons this means so much to me (Beware emotional bit coming up)

The reason I planned this and the whole thing is in memory of a man who will always be my hero. My dad. He had such a zest for life. Always was life and soul of any party. He lived for my mum and loved her so much which me and Nick my brother could see all day every day. He did so much for others and never raised his voice once in anger. He will always be with me and I hope he can see me setting off from a very rainy Lands end tomorrow morning. Love you dad. Happy Father's Day. 

The other reason is the charities. I chose these especially because they are truly awe inspiring causes. Hope House Children's Hospices. Help for Heroes and Kenyan Schools Project. Their work is stunning and when I find the days getting tougher along the route I will remember how lucky we are to have people like this in our lives and keep pedalling.  

Last reason is my wife Debby and 2 amazing children Jessie & Callum.  They are my life and I love them so much and I feel I have to raise the bar in my life constantly to keep up with them.  They are quite simply my reason for living and I am constantly in awe at how special they are.  Love you all so much. 

Sorry about that. Let's leave the emotional stuff (for now) and get on with this. Get riding Owen and don't forget your raincoat !!


2 comments:

  1. Just remember along the way that you are one amazing individual. What a fantastic way to remember those wonderful parents of yours. We will he supporting you all along the way, I so admire your sheer guts, determination and spirit Rich. Please lots of updates to let us know where you are and how it's going. Enjoy the ride xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember along the way that you are one amazing individual. What a fantastic way to remember those wonderful parents of yours. We will he supporting you all along the way, I so admire your sheer guts, determination and spirit Rich. Please lots of updates to let us know where you are and how it's going. Enjoy the ride xxx

    ReplyDelete