vmg2

Make a donation using Virgin Money Giving

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Packing List...

So the list has grown from just me and my bike to this.....
  • Me    (essential)
  • My bike     (very essential)
  • Phone charger     (more essential than first 2)
  • Garmin charger   (hate to miss out on kudos)
  • Di2 charger ?     (not sure if the shimano can do 920 miles on one charge ?)
  • Contact lenses/specs   ( yes, I am a blindo)
  • Meds/toothbrush/paste   (see lovely pic below)
  • Chamois cream   (even more essential than phone charger)
  • Money & credit card    (bit obvious)
  • 4 spare tubes/CO2/pump + levers  (my emergency breakdown insurance, see lovely pic below)
  • Multi tool & spare chain links    (boy scout working overtime)
  • Waterproofs   (dad told me to never leave home without it)
  • Lights   (just in case I cannot get to B&B by 9:00 at night !!!!!) 
  • Ear plugs   (to get a good night sleep and stop my own snoring from waking me up)
  • Cleat covers/flip flops ?   (clip clopping to chip shop or striding in all cool)
  • Energy bars/gels   (essential to stop me bonking during the week) * see explanation below
  • 2 x Drink bottles and sachets  (fluid in, essential for life)
  • Triathlon bars ?    ( Don't know about this, I read alot of blogs and advice seems to say take them as you can settle into a rhythm and it is more comfortable, but I probably won't as I find them irritating on climbs as my knees keep knocking into them)
Funny how phone chargers was first thing I thought of even before toothbrush, food and drink ?

I was also thinking about taking some inner soles or lightweight flip flops to use after the days ride. I will need to find somewhere to eat my own body weight in grub after each day. Plans are coming together nicely, just got a lovely new toothbrush.  Cannot quite understand the excitement of seeing the thing arrive.  First little sign that I am actually going to do this ride.

Here it is..



Also I got myself a little luxury holder for my CO2, I hate carrying these in pockets so this was a great bargain at £7...




If I get tired going up a hill I can light the fuse and go like a rocket for a couple of yards at least.

Note no clothes, I will be using the wash in shower and hope they dry by morning method.

Hit this link below for the explanation of Bonking, not at all what you were thinking, you dirty minded people you !!!

*    BONKING

No comments:

Post a Comment